In this episode, Scott Leavengood is joined by Eric Jones and Eliza Nelson to discuss the increasing popularity of maple syrup production in Oregon and the Pacific Northwest.
“We’re just at the beginning of something great that I think is going to have a big future in Oregon and the Pacific Northwest in general.”– Eric Jones, Anthropologist & OSU College of Forestry Instructor
Watch with Subtitles
- Oregon Maple Project
- OSU Extension Catalog: Bigleaf Maple Syrup Article
- Making Maple Syrup Directions / Fact Sheet
- Oregon Tree Tappers
- Bigleaf Sugaring Pamphlet by Gary Backlund
- North American Maple Syrup Producers Manual, 3rd Ed.
- Braiding Sweetgrass by Robin Wall Kimmerer
- The Sugarmaker’s Companion by Michael Farrell
- Bigleaf Maple, Ponderosa Pine, White Oak (Eric)
- Bigleaf Maple, Ponderosa Pine (Eliza)
Tubing Spooler (Eric)